A world-class university internationally recognized for academic excellence. It has over 50,000 students and employs over 16,000 faculty and staff resources.
Integrate fragmented and legacy HR applications with out of the box Workday functionality. Workday initial migration and subsequent upgrades became time consuming effort, costing over $1M avoidable expense, ties critical business SMEs to long duration of testing cycles. HCM production-support functional SMEs and consultants were spending at least 50 percent of time conducting HCM manual testing. This testing was very repetitive, time consuming, error prone, and lacked robust test result documentation. It was also suffers from excessive person dependency.
Business and IT leadership mandated automated solutions that can accelerate deployment of new functionality, releases and reduce TCO of HCM applications while increasing application quality. HCM functionality implemented across different regions. Implement business process in Workday and integrate with other applications such as time & attendance, benefits, payroll, travel & expense applications.
Business Processes in Scope:
- Talent Acquisition
- Separation & Retirement
- Workday Integration
- External Interfaces – Payroll, Benefits
- Using cEpoch’s Test Automation suite
- Continuous engagement and collaboration with business owners and SMEs
- Defined testing environment in cloud using automated framework
- Selected relevant test patterns from Test Pattern inventory for complete business process coverage and configured for client specific scenarios.
- Executed test cases for initial migration testing and regression testing.
- Generated automated reports continuously updating the stakeholders about the test progress.
- Archived all test configurations, results and repeatable test case patterns and deallocated the cloud test environment.
- 0 test footprint on client’s landscape
- 60% cost savings through test automation that allowed the test tool to pay for itself.
- 80% reduction in total hours spent on testing and enabled repurposing scarce functional SME time to other priority tasks.
- Compress test cycle time by over 70% and accelerating business delivery
- 40% extra test coverage compare to manual testing effort.
- Generated reusable test patterns were saved for subsequent test iterations